These organizations were selected to receive an Aloha Grown 2017 Malama Honua Award for their commitment and dedication to sustainability efforts in our Big Island communities, and for exemplifying Aloha Grown's philosophy to "Support Local, Sustain the Aina & Share the Aloha." Each organization received $500 to be used towards their designated project, program or initiative. Mahalo for living Aloha Grown!
- Parker School & Waimea Elementary School – “Kihapai Ho`oulu" Project
- Kohala Youth Ranch – “Equine-Assisted Therapy" Program
- Laupahoehoe Community Public Charter School – “Farm to School” Program Hydroponics & Aquaponics Systems
- Volcano School of Arts and Sciences – “Kalo Garden” Project
- Na Wai Ola Public Charter School – “Third Grade Composting" Project
From L-R: Camille Kalahiki (Manager – Parker Ranch Store), Joe Vitorino (Program Director - Kohala Youth Ranch), Tina Doherty (Head of Parker Middle School), Jenny Bach (“Farm to School” Coordinator/Garden Teacher - Laupahoehoe Community Public Charter School) and Randy Kurohara (President & Owner - Aloha Grown and Parker Ranch Store).
From L-R: Aunty Bev (Aloha Grown employee), Jason Wong (Principal – Na Wai Ola Public Charter School), Stephanie Olson-Moore (Third Grade Kumu - Na Wai Ola Public Charter School), John Lyle School (Parent - Volcano School of Arts & Sciences), Kalima Cayir (Principal - Volcano School of Arts & Sciences) and Randy Kurohara (President & Owner - Aloha Grown and Parker Ranch Store).